Jan 15th, 2018
Fourth quarter estimated tax payments due for tax year 2017.

Jan 20th, 2018
Information due to Amanda with all the information needed to file 1099s for your contractors.

Jan 31st, 2018
Forms 1099-misc must be sent to independent contractors, w-2s must be sent to employees, and information returns 1096, 1099 and w-2 must be sent to the IRS.
Feb 15th, 2018
Last day to provide Math LLC with your paperwork in order to meet March 15th deadlines.

March 15th, 2018
Partnerships and S-Corporation tax returns and extensions due, last day to elect s-corp status for the full year.

March 20th, 2018
All tax information due to Math LLC in order to meet the April 17th filing deadline. 

April 17th, 2018
Individual, Trusts, and C-Corporation tax returns and extensions are due.  FBAR returns due.

May 15th, 2018
Non Profit from 990 or 990 extensions due.

June 15th, 2018
Second quarter estimated tax payments due. Individuals tax returns and extensions due for taxpayers living abroad.

September 17th, 2018
Last day to file corporate and partnership tax returns. Third quarter estimated tax payments due.

October 15th, 2018
Last day to file individual tax returns and FBAR returns.

November 15th, 2018
Extended non-profit tax returns due.

Estimated tax due dates for 2018: April 17th, June 15th, Sept 17th, and Jan 15th, (2019)

What happens if I file an extension?
Filing an extension to file does not give you extra time to pay your tax due. Those taxpayers who file an extension will be charged the current short term rate plus an interest rate of about 3% on their balance due per year. Unless you have a huge tax liability, the consequences are usually pretty minor but it is still a good idea to send some sort of payment in with your extension if you anticipate having a tax due.

Where is my refund? - IRS website with info on your tax refund

How to sign your tax return on your computer. - Youtube video

Download w-9 forms (for independent contractors) - Form used to collect information needed to issue contractors a 1099-Misc.

How to file form 1099 for your independent contractors

Independent Contractor vs. Employee - A link to how to decipher between the two and the implications of each

 What if you get a letter from the IRS or other tax bureau?
Don't panic! Most of these issues can be resolved quickly and painlessly. The first step is to provide your preparer with a copy of the letter you received. We can best help you after reading their letter. No tax bureau ever will contact you via email. In all cases these emails are SPAM!

Download an example of an accountable-plan

Download an expense report

Download a spreadsheet to track your income and expenses

June Walker - Tax advisor to the self employed. Check out her website for tips and tricks

Hadassah Damien - Real talk on personal finance, relating to money, and progressive economics